Wednesday 11 February 2015

Evaluation of preliminary task.

Evaluation:

Within my preliminary task I have used Photoshop on my main image for my front cover, to eliminate any flaws and make it into a professional picture.
With the original photo I had, I had removed the original background and had made it into a bold blue colour, I drew and coloured in her eyebrows and done her eyeliner. Her hair was quite messy too so I cut out the extra strands of hair and blurred the edges to not make it look so sharply cut. I burnt her face slightly to give her colour and I had also removed her spots.

Through my questionnaire I gathered that majority would like the magazine to include football, therefore I had made an exclusive few pages dedicated to crystal palace academy footballers that are within oasis school, to engage the audience to read it. I also have included a competition therefore this may attract more readers as many young children like to win free prizes and are competitive at this age.

I have also used media language in my product by placing a big masthead called ‘Central Oasis’, there are also selling lines, such as the competition and I have used a medium close-up main image of a student, to allow the audience to focus just on the image itself that is in the center, hence why I named the magazine Central Oasis.
During the preliminary task, the skills I have learnt is how to manipulate a picture and edit it on a professional programme, I've read through many magazine and can now separate what front covers are good and bad. I also have learnt that it is best to ask your target audience what they would like to see in a magazine so you get the jest of what they would get attracted by to read a magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment