Thursday 12 February 2015

Evaluation 2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?

My magazine is aimed to target adults aged from 16-24 through having a young artist, that could connect with the audience more. It also has features that could target the female audience more as I have used a male artist as the front cover, and some of the females may find him attractive and buy the magazine in order to get to know the artist a little bit more. Based on my questionnaire my magazine would mainly be suitable for people who like pop music, however it can be suitable for many others as I also found from my questionnaire that many people would be willing to hear different music therefore my magazine can be seen as something new and fresh on the market for people to buy, rather than seeing and reading the same thing, some adults may be willing to ask for a change.
 In addition to target a bigger social group I have included belly dancing, as mainly belly dancers dance to oriental music due to the drums and drum beats they use, therefore I included them into the music magazine. This could attract many people that are into dance as well as music, therefore they could be getting 2 for 1 in my magazine, and see it as a reason to buy the magazine.
 I also think that my media product targets my audience as well as others due to the pictures I had used because with my research oriental magazines did not show flesh on men or women, unless it was socially accepted for instance with belly dancing, that is when it is acceptable for a women’s’ stomach to be revealed. Therefore even with my main image of the artist I made it a facial shot rather than a topless picture as I feel it would also contradict with my magazine name of Zarafet meaning elegance.
 The price I used for my music magazine could represent certain social groups, as for instance I’m targeting everyday young adults, they would spend ridiculous amounts of money as they may have better things to use that money on therefore my music magazine is £1.50 which is seen as a decent amount of money to spend on a magazine, not too cheap or expensive because even if the magazine was cheap some people tend to think it is of a lower quality compared to those that cost more.

No comments:

Post a Comment