Thursday 12 February 2015

Evaluation 3. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

My chosen institution: Bauer Print institution


Magazines:
Bauer have printed magazines such as “MOJO” which cater for all types of music, Bauer is also the world’s leading music monthly, with a huge fan base, reaching an unrivaled number of music fans in the UK and worldwide, showing it is highly popular, reiterating the fact that my music will be in the reach of millions of people, with a higher likely chance of being able to send as many copies as it possibly can.

Why Bauer?
Bauer print magazines for all types of music, and as middle eastern music is not as popular in the United Kingdom, using Bauer would be beneficial, as its already a worldwide phenomenon, it would be marketed to many branches that can then sell it in their shop. Having a huge fan base is also beneficial as some customers would buy the magazine to try it out as they’ve never been disappointed with their magazines so they would most likely buy it to try something new.
How would it be distributed?
My magazine would be distributed through local supermarkets and newsagents where it is easily accessible and where adults and young adults would most likely be to get hold of one. These areas are usually busy too, so you have a high chance of someone noticing your magazine. It could also be distributed to airports or train station where there is a high percentage of people there, some having to wait for hours for either their flight etc. and needing something to do, this is where most people tend to read, so a magazine is ideal for everyone, not to formal and not to informal plus being entertainment at the same time.

Target Audience; Do Bauer meet my needs?
My magazine is targeted for adults mainly however if teenagers feel like the magazine appeals to them then that is a benefit as it is targeting a larger audience. The magazines Bauer print already target all adults which can range from 15-65.

How much I am going to charge for my magazine?

From my questionnaire, my survey showed that the most people would pay for a magazine would be £1.50 therefore in order to make as much profit as I can, I wouldn't make it any cheaper. However the lowest people would pay is £1 therefore I feel to gain as many buyers as possible Id sell my magazine for £1.

No comments:

Post a Comment