Thursday 12 February 2015

Evaluation 7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

During the time I had from my preliminary task to the main task of creating a music magazine, I feel that I have been much wiser and feel that my skills had improved from previously. I feel that I have also learnt more about Photoshop than what I did with my preliminary task.

With the music magazine task, I feel I done much more in depth research, this may have been because there are not many oriental music magazines, and therefore I needed to have a bit more guidance on what to do. I also had put more time and effort on what institution i wanted to publish my magazine, as I realised that is one of the most important features to make a magazine successful and I needed to know in addition if it would cater for my music genre.

Looking back at my preliminary task I feel that the magazine I created now looks much more professional, partly for the layout and colour scheme I had chosen this time round. My previous magazine had too much writing on the front cover and too many colours too that weren't consistent onto my contents page, for example my background colour on my preliminary tasks front cover was blue whereas on the contents it was green, however now with my music magazine both front and content pages have a white background.

I feel as well just with more experience your performance and creations improves therefore my second product would be better than my first, as I have slightly more knowledge on what to do. The font I used for my music magazine I also feel is more professional and not basic either, I reckon my masthead is much more creative and have more meaning than the masthead I had picked for my preliminary task.


Overall I feel that since I had created my preliminary task I analysed other magazines to see what makes them a good music magazine and ensured that I included majority of the forms and conventions of the majority of music magazines in order for my music magazine to be classed a good one and sell to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment