Thursday 12 February 2015

Evaluation 6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

A major piece of technology I had used was a digital camera and  having to use an SD card to transfer the images onto the computer I was using. However, within the construction of my music magazine what I learnt the most about technologies was Photoshop. The original picture I had used for my magazine front cover wasn't located in a Reese environment, as I had taken it by accident but had liked it more than the other pictures I took, that I was planning to use, therefore I had to crop the artists face out, to leave a transparent background so when I was to open the image on publisher it would have been white. As I had to crop out the artist from the image with the magic wand tool, it had left the edges quite sharp and rigged so I had to result in using a mixture of both the blur tool and smudge tool to even out around the ears, hair and the jacket.

I also had to get used to using the heal tool brush and spot healing brush, as the artist had quite a few blemishes and spots that needed to be removed and usually on the front cover the pictures are flawless. The artists beard was also a bit messy and needed a bit of touching this is when the spot healing brush came in handy too as it took away the excess hairs to give a more even and clean finish.

The clamp tool was also another tool I learnt on how to use. On the original photo of the artist, there was cracks within the lips, so I used to clamp tool to clone an area of the lip that I saw no faults in and then duplicated that sample onto the areas of the cracks to hide them, to leave a result of ‘perfect lips’.




No comments:

Post a Comment